So 2019 isn’t over yet and there are still quite a few series that have either just started airing or hasn’t begun airing yet. But GMMTV (Thailand’s major television production and talent agency) has already released their upcoming series for 2020. Some of them look really good!
Honestly, GMMTV rarely disappoints me. I don’t watch everything they put out but the stuff I do watch, I end up enjoying for the most part. In the past 13 hours, GMMTV has released thirteen new trailers for upcoming series. To be completely transparent, 12 are trailers for series, 1 is a trailer for a movie coming to Thai theaters. And some of the trailers are for second seasons of shows I never watched to begin with.
Out of the thirteen new trailers, I am interested in two of them for sure and three of them are a maybe.
- 2Gether The Series (I saw this book on a Thai website a year or two ago and was interested in it but I can’t read Thai lol. So I’m excited that it has been turned into a series. I’m not sure if it’s truly supposed to be bl or not)
- A Tale of a Thousand Stars (I’m really interested in this one because Earth Pirapat is in this one and he is one of my favorite Thai actors. The potential love interest is also a new face that I haven’t seen before. This is a bl series)
I will admit that even though I really want to see these, I am weary because in 2Gether the series it doesn’t seem like a show where the main characters actually end up together. It looks like they will just be jealous of each other and then never do anything about their feelings.
In Tale of a Thousand Stars, I’m not sure what to feel. It feels like a different take on the whole body swap thing which I usually don’t care for. There is this girl who gets into an accident and dies. Then there is a guy with a heart problem who undergoes heart transplant surgery to stay alive. Turns out the heart belongs to the girl that died. He finds out some things about her such as how she volunteers out in the countryside as a teacher. She was also in love with one of the army captains stationed out there.
Well, he decides to head out to that same countryside and continue the girl’s dreams. It’s pretty much a tribute to her for the donation of her heart. But when he starts catching feelings for the army captain, he starts to believe that it’s only because he has the heart of the girl inside him. So you see how that can be weird? It’s not quite a body swap but it sounds like the writers of the series can easily take the lazy way out and stray away from what would be a very obvious bl story line. But I guess we will just have to wait and see.
- Military of Love (With Krist Perawat!) Not bl
- The Shipper (A body swap series. Yech… But looks like it could be funny. Will give it a try) Possibly bl???
- Girl Next Room (Singgggttoooooo!!) Not bl
These three look like they are lighthearted and funny and I’m all about lighthearted and funny lol. Comedy and fluffiness can sometimes turn out to be my favorite (2Moons anyone??) so I put these on my radar. I don’t plan on watching them in real time though. I’m just going to wait until majority of the episodes are released so I can come back later and binge watch them.
Back to 2019
So we are still in 2019 and there are still some series that came out this year – or will come out late this year – that I still have not gotten around to watching.
- Dark Blue Kiss ( Only one episode has been released so far. I haven’t watched any of the previous 2 seasons but I don’t really care lol) bl
- With Love the Series (this one actually sounds confusing but it could be good? Idk, we’ll see) both bl and non
- HIStory 3 (This is a series from Taiwan that I loooovvee. Each season is split into two to three different series. If I don’t like all of them, I end up liking most. This is season 3) bl
- Until We Meet Again (My little baby Fluke is in this! Another one of my favorite Thai actors) bl
- Why R U the Series (If I’m not mistaken, this is also coming out in 2020 but the company (not GMMTV) has already been releasing tons of videos with the actors and my beloved angel Saint is in this series! I’m excited to see more of his acting) bl and non, I think
- Theory of Love (OffGun! I think most people are finally happy that they get a real kiss in this series instead of just holding their faces super close together like we are dumb enough not to notice that the kiss is fake *rolls eyes*)
I have a lot of catching up to do. As I surf the net and find more trailers, I continue to add more movies and series to my list. Most that I find are older movies and shows from a few years ago or older so I won’t list any of those here.
Are any of you watching these or are preparing to watch any of these? Let me know. Leave a comment!
*click the titles in gray to take you to the trailersFollow me on the interwebs: